Friday, January 21, 2011

Looking for Yet Another Drive


After reading Lifehacker's Guide to "The Portable Hackintosh", I decided it would be worth a try. So now I am back in the market for a 16 GB flash drive. After reading around, and asking a few questions, I have acquired some information that will help me in my quest.
1. Buy Sturdy: You want a good encasing, not something that will break easily.
2. Good Key Ring: Should fit nicely on a key ring for easy access.
3. Don't Buy from Best Buy: I am in no way telling you not to, but it was said in all the places I was looking. The people said that Best Buy over charges.
4. Shop Online First: Don't just go into any store without researching, make sure you have shopped online first. There is a good chance that it will be on sale on a website, or just cheaper, then in stores.  
Doing this can save you money, and get a great deal on flash drives. It may be time, if you haven't already, to upgrade to a better flash drive. Floppy Disks are a thing of the past, and 1 GB of memory is the minimum now. If you use less then that, or use a Floppy Disk, I suggest upgrading.

 ~Dave

1 comment:

  1. Great list, especially number 3. I don't think I've ever found something that was actually cheaper at Best Buy.

    I would add that it's important to have some kind of cover for the USB end of the stick, preferably something built-in.

    ReplyDelete