Sunday, January 30, 2011

ffmegx

As many of you may know, a couple days ago I posted an article about converting video files of the .VOB format. I was looking all over for a solution, but everything I found was costly. So what was I to do? Well, I went to Reddit, and asked the people of /r/software, a sub reddit, if they had any ideas. Reddit, for those of you who don't know, is a giant social media area were people can come and ask questions, give answer, or just discuss topics. A sub reddit is a lot like a sub forum. The sub reddit has a specific purpose, to deal with a certain topic. Anyway, the people in /r/software were able to help me out. One of them told me about a program call ffmegx. ffmegx is a freeware video conversion software. I downloaded it and decided to give it a try. To my surprise, it converted the file with no issues at all. Thanks to that redditor, I can tell the person who needed the file that I was successfully able to convert it. Thanks reddit!

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment