Monday, December 13, 2010

Problem Sort of Solved

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had some issues with the Vanilla build of Google Chrome OS. After contacting Hexxeh, I got a response explaining the reasons. The reason the Vanilla build would not boot on my desktop was simply because it had unsupported hardware. What this means is that when Vanilla is called on to boot, it doesn't know what to do because it doesn't recognize any of the hardware. Simply put, I can't use the Vanilla distribution on my desktop, but I can use it on my laptop. The other issue which I contacted him about, was wifi on my laptop. The vanilla build would not allow me to enable wifi. Once again,  contacted Hexxeh about it. He said not worry, that is on the list of things to fix, but it is not top priority. I guess for now I won't be using Google Chrome OS unless I don't feel like leaving my desk. It was nice trying it out though. I am really hoping, now, that I get the CR-48, a.k.a the Chrome OS Laptop. This way, I would not have any issues to deal with. Lesson from this: Asking questions is always a good thing, so never be afraid to ask.

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment