Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Should Have Seen This Coming

The top one is the Verizon iPhone
 
   Well, it is my unlucky day! I called... well actually I "live chatted" with tech support over at Mophie.com, and I bet you can guess what happen. It turns out that me, the guy who tends to research every single thing he buys, missed the smallest thing when purchasing my new iPhone case. The Verizon iPhone 4 has the volume and vibrate buttons moved down ever so slightly because of a new notch made in the antenna.  That small move apparently messes the fitting up for my new cases. Can you guess what that means? Well for those of you who can... you can stop reading now.

  If you can't let me explain. I was told by the customer service rep that their current cases to not fit with the Verizon iPhone, and that new models of the case would be coming out in the coming weeks. This leaves me only one choice: return the case and get a refund. I should have seen this coming when I went on the site to purchase my case. How? Well the site was having a weekend sale of their iPhone 4 cases. They say it is for Valentines day, in my opinion, though, it was for emptying out their supply of cases. New cases, which are to be release, will restock the old ones. Since the old ones won't be flying off the shelves, they had to get a way to get rid of them. In the end, I have a feeling I will see if it fits. Most likely it won't, but who knows.... maybe it will. Sending it back may just end up costing me more because I will most likely have to pay shipping. Who knows, depending on the return policy of Mophie, I may have some time to send it back. I payed for it, and if the charger itself works, then it may just be worth it do a little case modding to have it fit.

~Dave

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,


    I think we can find a solution so you won't have to ship back the juice pack air for refund and re-order a Verizon specific case. I've sent you an email.

    - Charles Mercadal
    Technical support manager
    mophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles,

    I sent you an email back. Thank you so much for your help. I hope this all works out!

    ~Dave

    ReplyDelete