Saturday, April 30, 2011

Weekend Programming

I plan on spending this weekend learning to program a little more. As you may remember, I had purchased a book on iPhone program developement. Well that book did not work for me because I didn't know Objective-C prior to buying the book. Lucky for me I was within my 14 day limit and was able to exchange it for a different book. I am currently using Objective-C for Absolute Beginners: iPhone and Mac Programming Made Easy. The approach this book takes is by slowly easing you into Xcode. To do this, the books incorporates the use of a program named Alice. Alice is a drag and drop program that allows the user to program using OOP (Object Oriented Programming). I am a little short of being half way through the book. The great thing about this book, other then slowly easing in the user, is that it has exercises at the end of each chapter. These help to re-enforce what you just learned. So, my weekend will consist around this and other work. Hopefully I will be creating applications soon.

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment