Monday, March 28, 2011

Over the Weekend I Learned

Over the weekend I was looking through different software for Mac, just browsing to see what was available. While browsing, I came across Final Cut Pro. I decided to read the specs and specifications, and while browsing I learned something interesting. Final Cut Pro is Mac only software. I was a little surprised at first because Microsoft goes out of its way to make programs like Microsoft Office available for Mac, and so does Adobe when it comes to the CS5 suite. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. This was how Apple worked, they need control. They don't have control if their "exclusive" products run on other systems. Look at all the applications which Apple has made for their system, almost none of currently work on both Windows and Mac. For example, iWork and Things are a batch of programs which don't work with Windows. The only exception to this is iTunes, which works on both platforms. However, the Mac version gets Quicktime 10 to work with, while the Windows version gets Quicktime 8. It really comes down to which system can one up the other more.

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment