Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Carrier Update

Note: This is not the actual image of my iPhone,
this is just a picture with a copy of the message I receive  
It isn't often that I don't know what my iPhone is doing. I am usually pretty good about knowing what is coming out. Recently I got a message like the on in the image. Although I wasn't sure what it was, I said update anyway. Just remember, don't ever update unless you know what you are suppose to get. Anyway so I looked into this a little. It turns out that in addition to your iPhone's firmware, there is also firmware from your carrier. This message pops up to let you know that you can update your carriers firmware. It would be nice if it told me exactly what the update contained. I only said yes because it was carrier related. If it were related to the actual device, like device firmware, I would have waited until I got home so I could find out more about the firmware. It is too bad Verizon doesn't post any where, at least that I know of, for their customers to read what comes with the update.
Maybe, in the future, I can find out what this means before I update. With the hopes of a better iOS notification system in the future, it may be easier to find out more about the update before updating.

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment