Saturday, March 19, 2011

Future DIY Project

With my new headset coming in the next week, I decided I was going to modify them slightly. The way they are now, they hang on your ears in such a way that it hurts after a while. This weekend I am going to look for materials that will allow me to make ear pads. What I plan on doing is cutting foam into a shape that fits around my ear, and then covering it with a leather of some sort. Thanks to reddit, I am now looking for Naugahide, a leather which you can buy for projects. The challenge is making the ear pads fit in such a way that the headset won't fall off. It is all in the planning stages right now, but I am picking up the items today so I have them when my new headset comes. I may also consider making an amplifier for my current headset. I am not sure if this is possible since it has a microphone, but I am sure I can figure out a way. There are lots of DIY amplifiers out there, I just have to find the right one. I could even consider making one or two more amplifiers, assuming I find a tutorial, for my speakers and base. Anyway, I have to think about how I am going to get these ear pieces to fit. Back to the drawing board!

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment