Monday, August 9, 2010

The Parts List

You can't create a computer that works without the proper parts. It takes many hours of research to get it right when it comes to a Hackintosh. All your parts that you buy must be "compatible" with the OS (operating system). Now, keep in mind my parts are not the most up to date parts. Something you must always remember when building/buying a computer. The second you receive the parts they are obsolete. As for the parts list, here it is:

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred ATX Full Tower
Motherboard: Gygabite EP43-UD3l LGA 775 Socket
Processor/CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650
RAM/Memory: 2x Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2x2GB)
GPU/Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB DDR3
PSU/Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX PSU
Hard Drive: WD 640GB Caviar Black 3.5" drive. 3 GB/s
Monitor: Samsung 21.5" Rose
Speakers Logitech LS21 2:! Stereo

As I stated before, this was not all top quality stuff. I got what worked and what I needed. Also, price may vary depending on your parts. In the next post I will talk about how I installed the operating system. I won't go into detail here on how to put together the actual computer, but I can link you to some sites. I found Kitchen Table Computers a good site for illustrated instructions. Next post: Installation!

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment